Joy: Joy and Partnership
Topic: Biblical Passage: Philippians 1:3–1:11
"If our condition were truly happy, we would not seek diversion from it in order to make orselves happy."
-Blaise Pascal"Is this all there is?"
-Tom Brady (after winning the Super Bowl)
"pertaining to having the proper characteristics or performing the expected function in a fully satisfactory way." i.e."perfect way"
- Epiteleo" "to bring an activity to a successful finish - to complete, to finish, to end, to accomplish... to bring to perection."
- Jesus has started a perfect work and he will make me perfect!
All the way through...
- Philippians 4:4
We find joy in the various realities of the GOSPEL
- Philippians 1:5
- Philippians 1:7
- Philippians 1:12
- Philippians 1:27
Letter from St. Cyprian to Donatus
- 2 Corinthians 6:4-10
Joy in the partnership
- "Partnership" or "Fellowship"
"Shared commitment to an endeavor."
- Defined: An all-in shared commitment and collaboration in the experience and proclamation of the gospel.
- They were joined together in Christ
- Ephesians 2:19-22
2. They partnered in suffering
- Acts 16:22-24
- Those first Chistians in Philippi would walk the same rod as Paul andSilas, a road of persecution and suffering.
3. They partnered in missionary work
- Philippians 4:15-16
1. Preachthe glorious truth of gospel partnership to yourself everyday!
2. Do an inventoryof your partnership
3. In deliberate and measureable ways, partner in the MISSION
More in Joy
January 14, 2018Joy: Joy and Suffering