Joy: Joy and Partnership
Topic: Biblical Passage: Philippians 1:3–1:11
"If our condition were truly happy, we would not seek diversion from it in order to make orselves happy."
-Blaise Pascal"Is this all there is?"
-Tom Brady (after winning the Super Bowl)
"pertaining to having the proper characteristics or performing the expected function in a fully satisfactory way." i.e."perfect way"
- Epiteleo" "to bring an activity to a successful finish - to complete, to finish, to end, to accomplish... to bring to perection."
- Jesus has started a perfect work and he will make me perfect!
All the way through...
- Philippians 4:4
We find joy in the various realities of the GOSPEL
- Philippians 1:5
- Philippians 1:7
- Philippians 1:12
- Philippians 1:27
Letter from St. Cyprian to Donatus
- 2 Corinthians 6:4-10
Joy in the partnership
- "Partnership" or "Fellowship"
"Shared commitment to an endeavor."
- Defined: An all-in shared commitment and collaboration in the experience and proclamation of the gospel.
- They were joined together in Christ
- Ephesians 2:19-22
2. They partnered in suffering
- Acts 16:22-24
- Those first Chistians in Philippi would walk the same rod as Paul andSilas, a road of persecution and suffering.
3. They partnered in missionary work
- Philippians 4:15-16
1. Preachthe glorious truth of gospel partnership to yourself everyday!
2. Do an inventoryof your partnership
3. In deliberate and measureable ways, partner in the MISSION