Giving, The 3G Life: A Life Well Lived
Topic: Biblical Passage: Romans 12:1–12:1
- These values do not operate indeed independently of the others...
- This value, GIVING, is a plea to us...and is impossible
- This value, GIVING, is its own source of category, but it is a characteristic of them all...
- Present your bodies as a living sacrifice
- Extending the dwelling place of God among His people
- Romans 9:25-26
- Romans 10:14-15, 18
- Ephesians 2:19-22
- This is a call to action...a commitment
- This call is based on the first 11 chapters
- Grace is both the means and motivation for the call
- The end goal of our action (giving) is pleasing God by extending His dwelling place and therefore extending joy to it (the earth).
- This call is a call to an entire life given to worship
“This mean measure of your devotion to God is not your devotional life. It is simply your life.” - John Ortberg
- This call of a life given to worship is expressed in service
- This service happens in a community to Community
- This commitment is the same word (service) as ministry and can loosely be categorized as a ministry of prayer, care, share
- Giving is the act of total, intense, and whole life worship, satisfactory to God, that is integrated into the entire life in scope THROUGH PRAYER, CARE, SHARE, in collaboration with the body of Christ, for His glory in the extension of His dwelling place so that others may have His presence and joy (worship).
More in Giving, The 3G Life
November 26, 2017Giving, The 3G Life: God Is Speaking to Us
November 19, 2017Giving, The 3G Life: Marriage: A community of Giving