The 3G Life: Storm
Topic: Biblical Passage: 2 Timothy 1:8–1:14
- Time is short...
- James 4:14
- What are you doing with your time?
- We have one hope...
- 1 Corinthians 15:19
- We are on Mission...sent in the storm!
- John 17:13-19
Missional Community Revisited
- Matthew 28:18-20
- God and make DISCIPLES....
- CHRIST FULLY. FORMED IN SOMEONE...whole process of conversion, baptism, and teaching the ways of Jesus as it is used in Matthew 28:19-20: "Go. Therefore and make disciples." And here is what he means. "Baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you."
- Acts 14:21
- Every Christian should be helping unbelievers become believers by showing. ThemChrist; that is, making a disciple.
- Every Christian should be helping other believers grow to more and more maturity. That is making a disciple.
- Every Christian should be seeking to get help for themselves from others to keep on growing.
- For God's glory and our JOY!!
- 1 Thessalonians 2:17-20
- 2 Timothy 1:8-14, 2:2
Ground everything in the Gospel
Live sacrificially for this
Overwatch: Guard from mission creep
Yield to accountability
Ground Everything in the Gospel
- 2 Timothy 1:13-14
- Hold Fast...to grasp, to cease...to retain...to make sure that. What We Do is grounded in the centrality of the gospel...
Life -> Abundant -> with Him
- John 14:1-3
- The gospel is the good news that God has doe everything that must be done through the person and work of Jesus Christ to restore us to a relationship with Him and provide for us a community, a people, that live inHis glorious presence.
Pattern of Sound words...
- 1 Corinthians 2:1-2
L (Live sacrificially for this)
- Live sacrificially for this...Must Have A Collective Corporate Will To Sacrifice...Maintain a willingness to suffer for the gospel
- That already surfaces in verse 8. "Do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord or of me his prisoner. But join with me in suffering for the gospel......." It shows up again in verse 12. "That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet this is no cause for shame, because I know whom I. Have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until that day."
- 2:8-9: "Remember Jesus Christ, raised from the dead, descended from David. This is my gospel, for which I am suffering even to the point of being chained like a criminal. But God's word is not chained. Therefore I endure everything for the sake of the elect, that they too may obtain the salvation that is in Christ. Jesus, with eternal glory."