Outbound Bridges: AIM Your Prayer
Topic: Biblical Passage: James 4:1–4:4, 1 Corinthians 3:5–3:9
Prayer is particular
You have a mission.
Ephesians 2:10; 4:7
- We have been given a gift for the purpose for mission.
- We need
- God has determined the place, time and people around you for His mission.
To extend the Kingdom of God as efficiently as possible bringing glory to God by acting in His character.
- To Extend the Kingdom of God - Matthew 16:18
- As efficiently as possible - Ephesians 5:15-16
- Bringing God glory - John 14:13; 15:7-8
- By acting in His character - Genesis 1:26, Romans 8:29
2 Tools for us to use on mission:
- The Word of God
1.) Prayer is powerful
- We tend to not believe it
- Daniel 10:10-12
- Exodus 32:7-14
- James 5:13-18
Adjust your heart to match the mission
- James 4:1-4 - What are we asking God for? What is your minds perspective?
- John 14:13 - God will give you what you ask....for God's glory
- John 15:7-8 - Ask so you can bear much fruit.....for God's glory
Intercept God's target
- 1 Corinthians 3:5-9 - We are God's fellow workers - God gives the growth
- Discipleship chart. Interested, Growing, SharingMake perseverance your motto
- Perseverance in grace for other people
- Perseverance in patience
- Perseverance in holiness
- Check your heart
- Use the Discipleship Chart
- Get deeper in prayer with someone next to you