Thanksgiving: Remembering the goodness of God
Topic: Biblical Passage: Luke 18:9–18:14
Hearts abounding in thanksgiving
1 Thessalonians 5:18 "Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."
*****Luke 18:9-14 *****
What drives these two trajectories?
1.) Driven by what they (us) believe the problem is...
- Pharisee believes the problem is on the outside of himself...
- The tax collector believe the problem is inside himself...
2.) Driven by what they (us) believe the solution is...
- Pharisee believes the solution is inside of himself
- Tax collector believes the solution is outside himself
- Romans 7:24-25
3.) Driven by what they (us) focus on...
- Pharisee is focused on his reputation...
- The tax collector's focus is on God's reputation...
1.) The problem is inside of you
2.) The solution is Jesus's work on the cross
3.) Focus is on God's reputation